Re: Moving Data between databases w/o Database Link

From: <gjlinker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:16:09 GMT

Hi,

You could consider to use SQL*XL for this. SQL*XL allows you to fetch the data of a table into a spreadsheet and subsequently insert it into another database.

Reasonably you could expect load about 1,000 rows per minute or so. Obviously it depends on the number and data type of the columns.

Have a look at it at http://www.oraxcel.com

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker

In article <8pk8n9$2m7$1_at_newton.pacific.net.sg>,   "Jcen" <ancient_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Would appreciate any information on the following :
>
> I am faced with the constraint of not having a database link
> between 2 databases. I am looking for a way (other than exp/imp) to
 move
> the data
> between them. I remembered long time ago in a project far away I used
> PowerBuilder
> to pipe the data between the two databases, can any tools other than
> PowerBuilder do that? Can TOAD do that? (TOAD from Quest software)
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> Regards
> Jacen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 14:16:09 CDT