Re: ______SQL & Index Question

From: Roman Starek <starek_at_pluto.spsselib.hiedu.cz>
Date: 14 Sep 2000 15:16:17 GMT

: say I have a table with many columns and 100.000 rows.
: Table is also partitioned in 10 pieces according to the values in Column C:

: Column B has 70.000 different values
: Column C has 10 different values.

: I'll query the table always giving two arguments for B and C.

: How should I index this table:

        I think indexing C collumn is unneded cause Oracle can prune right partition from definition of partition. So index column B locally will be helpfull, I hope so.

        Starous

: --
: Thanks in advance

: Emre AKBAG