Start with some, order by others?

From: David Fetter <shackle_at_fetter.org>
Date: 14 Sep 2000 21:31:12 GMT

Kind people,

I have a list of countries I'd like to present. Given the givens, I'd like to start with certain countries, then the others in alphabetical order.

What I'd like back:

NAME                                               COUNTRY_ID
United States                                          840
Canada                                                 124
Afghanistan                                              4
Albania                                                  8
Algeria                                                 12

.
.
.
Zimbabwe                                               716

How do I do this?

TIA for any tips, pointers, etc.

Cheers,

          David Fetter            888 O'Farrell Street Apt E1205
       david_at_fetter.org           San Francisco, CA 94109-9046
http://fetter.org/~shackle phone: +1 415 567 2690 fax: +1 415 567 2340

I don't know what's wrong with my television set. I was getting
C-Span and the Home Shopping Network on the same station. I actually
bought a congressman.
                                       Bruce Baum