Re: Sutdy Q3: How to Create a Repository Database Easily?

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:42:18 +0800

Dear All,

According to Getting Started (Oracle8 EE for Windows NT), I have created the repository database now. All database server can be discovered by the OEM control program when the OracleAgenent service is started. It is really convenient to see databases in a hierarchical way. I havs some questions:

1.For each database we can set one user name and one password, what are the required privileges or roles?
2.There is a job window where we can schedule jobs, where exactly are these jobs running in?
3.There is also an event window where we can view events, but I wonder if I don't keep the OEM program running, will events still be collected in this window, so that we can read them later?
4.My OEM version is 1.6, but we have some version 2.0 documents there. Maybe it is for later versions. However, my guess is that OEM versions are independent of Oracle versions or platforms, because one OEM can manage many Oracle databases. Am I correct? However, does anyone know the difference between 1.6 and 2.0?
5.Many Oracle administration jobs can actually be fulfiled by a variety of tools, what do you think is the major benefits to utilise OEM? Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Dino Received on Thu Sep 14 2000 - 02:42:18 CDT