Re: Installing Personal Oracle 8.1.6 over 8.1.5

From: Jerry <america_at_usa.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:28:44 -0500

I downloaded Personal Oracle 8.1.6 also, but did not have a previous version on my machine. I think that you can create a second oracle home when installing and therefore not overwritting you previous install. But, you run into the problem of two listeners, two tnsnames etc. But you can export your data to a dmp file with the 8.1.5 export utility and import into your 8.1.6 database using the 8.1.6 import utility.