OCIW32.DLL initialization failing

From: <scott_at_mostlylinux.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 01:02:34 GMT

I am getting the following error when trying to run OCI based software under WinNT4sp6a with Oracle2000 client:

"Initialization of the dynamic link library C:\ORANT\BIN\OCIW32.dll failed.
The process is terminating abnormally."

The code is C++, compiled under Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition, from the msdn subscription pack, January 2000.

If I remove all code related to NETAPI32.dll, and recompile, I do not get the error. Only the combination of linking NETAPI32.dll and OCIW32.dll together causes this error.

Has anyone seen this error before, under these conditions, and is there a known fix?

Scott Barker       scott_at_mostlylinux.ab.ca
Linux Consultant   http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott

[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education,
and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear and punshiment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein