Re: Sutdy Q3: How to Create a Repository Database Easily?

From: Reinier <Reinier_Dickhout_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:04:10 +0200

If you're talking about getting started with Oracle Enterprise Manager (which I think you are), you're partly right and partly wrong. Yes you do need a repository, no it doesn't have to be a dedicated database or server.

You need to create a repository, this can be in an existing database/instance under a dedicated user, for example, OEM. Then you need the install and start the managementserver service, and that's basically it to get you started.

I hope I answered your question. (for the time being)

Reinier.