Advice pls - Migration Workbench crashing (runtime error)

From: Carl Sarelius <Carl.Sarelius_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:06:58 +1100

Hi,

I need some advice with a problem concerning Oracle Migration Workbench.

My system is an NT4 Server with SP6 and multiple drives. I have recently installed O8i and WebDb. No problems so far. I wanted to migrate an Access 97 db to use it in 8i to eventually create a web app using WebDb. Access2000 is installed on the server. Reading the various documentation I downloaded Migration Workbench, and installed it (with MS Access plugin) with no apparent problems being reported. I also downloaded MDAC from Microsoft and installed that. Through Control Panel, I made an ODBC connection to the Access db (as advised thru the OMW Wizard). At the next window, prompting me to Add a database, I navigate to the Access db, select it and click Open. At this point, after a few seconds, a dialog box (titled 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library') is returned with the following info:

Runtime Error!
Program C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.7\bin\jrew.exe abnormal program termination

Does anybody have any experience with this? What could be the cause? Should I even be trying to bring in Access this way, or is there another, more simple way? I've looked for bug reports but haven't been able to find any. I have the usual stuff on my server ie virus protection, firewall software.

Advice appreciated.

(BTW sorry about the other posts)

Carl S Received on Wed Sep 13 2000 - 07:06:58 CDT