Re: Personal Oracle8i

From: <lempert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:15:05 GMT

In article <sn9v5.3099$XS1.17263_at_news2.atl>,   "Jerry" <america_at_usa.com> wrote:
> While trying to create a custom database in
 Personal Oracle8i, the creation
> of the database fails. the creatdb.log file lists the
 following error.
> Ora-00439: feature not enabled: Managed
 Standby.

> What does this mean and how do I correct it. I
can
create a
> database if I select typical and not custom.
>
> Echo ON
> SVRMGR> connect INTERNAL
> Connected.
> SVRMGR> startup nomount

 pfile="C:\Oracle8i\admin\test\pfile\inittest.ora"
> ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Managed
 Standby

The best thing is to attach the inittest.ora file so it'll be easier to figure out the problem. Anyway it sounds like standby database option which you might checked by mistake. You certainly don't need it in Personal version.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 09:15:05 CDT