Sutdy Q3: How to Create a Repository Database Easily?

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:43:48 +0800

Dear all,

It was 2 months ago when I studied Getting Started. I remember that a repository database is needed to manage many Oracle databases and servers. However, this repository database cannot share the server with other managed databases; in other words, I need a dedicated server for the repository purpose, it's gonna be too much for me. Is there a way to create a repository database on a server where other databases have already existed? Furthermore, I am not too sure about how necessary it is to create a repository database, nor the connection between a console and a repository database.

I used to see a Oracle admin demonstration, there is a map on the computer screen, icons of servers and databases are distributed all over the map. Those are not just icons, the DBA can click on them and do their management jobs. Can anyone tell an easy way to see that screen myself, so that I can get started with OEM.

Thanks in advance.
Dino Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 11:43:48 CDT