Re: Sudden Performance Problem - HELP

From: <gmei_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 02:49:00 GMT

Here is the procedure:

  1. do

exp old_username/old_password_at_sid compress=y buffer=8196 file=d:\ old_schema.dmp

2. user sqlplus
connect system/manager_at_sid

drop old_username cascade ; -- to clean up

Create user old_username identified by old_password default tablespace users temporary tablespace temp;

grant dba to old_username;

exit;

3. do
imp old_username/old_password_at_sid file=d:\old_schema.dmp

That's it.

Hope it helps.

Guang

In article <8pligu$mk2$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   elizabeth1000_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Guang,
>
> Thank you for your help. there have been no changes in the database and
> the data appears to be fine.
>
> I am using a load script that opens a cursor.
>
> If I exp then import the data, do I need to drop the table in the
> database first? Or should I just set ignore=Y?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Liz
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 21:49:00 CDT