Re: Doesn't support multiple homes?

From: Spammy Nono <spambust_at_localhost.zz>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:09:23 +0200

"Brian Peasland" <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov> wrote in message news:39BE40A4.D05C3C3F_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov...
> Patrick,
>
> You don't need multiple Oracle homes for these products. You can install
> Developer, Designer, Discoverer and Oracle Client software all in the
> same Oracle Home. They will all run fine side by side and you don't need
> multiple machines.
>
> HTH,
> Brian

The "Client" (sqlnet networking) software is included with any of those products, right? Then you don't have to install it too in the same home. But pay attention to version numbers on each included sqlnet software components.

Btw, where do you find information about the above products' (and different versions) certified and supported version(s) of sqlnet? I have tried MetaLink, but perhaps not tried hard enough, because there should really exist such matrix!

Regards,
/Fad