Re: Where can I find the description of an ORA Error number !!

From: Yong Huang <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:49:45 -0500

After you register at technet.oracle.com, you can view the messages at http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/server.816/a76999/toc.htm Obviously you can also install documentation on your local computer.

On UNIX, you can type oerr ora 1654.

On NT, you can use my program Windowsoerr (The Web site hosting my Web page is down till next week but the URL is
www.stormloader.com/yonghuang/Windowsoerr.html) This program is based on locally-installed Oracle documentation.

Finally, you can:
set serveroutput on
begin
dbms_output.put_line(sqlerrm(-1654));
end;
/
But this method is close to useless because it usually doesn't give you more detailed info and is limited to the ORA facility.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com