Re: subquery vs set operator

From: Zbigniew Sliwa <zibi_at_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:27:34 +0200

These statements should generate the same results.

Select employee_no from B
where employee_no not in
(select employee_no from A);

Select employee_no from table B
Minus
Select employee_no from table A

When using MINUS then you have to take care about the order of compound queries. MINUS operator will return all distinct rows selected by the first query but not the second.

Regards,

Zbigniew Sliwa
Oracle Programmer
Poland
email: zibi_at_at_yahoo.com

DataChick napisa³(a) w wiadomo¶ci: <8pb8sh$740$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...