Re: ACCEPT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:36:19 +0200

  1. somehow I don't seem to understand the question. You need to insert a single ' '? Wouldn't that just be insert into foo values (' ') Or am I missing something?

2)
Accept is a sqlpl*plus construct, it doesn't belong to the sql language and it is available in sql*plus only. The buffer however contains *sql* statements only, so no sql*plus statements. That just the way it works.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

"Puppet Master" <mechhunter_at_rocketmail.com> wrote in message news:39bba991.43482426_at_news.iinet.net.au...
> That did work, thank you Sybrand.
> I have 2 questions which I hope you could answer:
> 1 - with using insert and all (either i or 0) , how does one put in a
> line with just space. ?
> 2 - I did what you said, retrieve the file, put in the accept
> statement and re-rum it and it works! Now, I re-save it
> with the accept statement in there and when I did a 'get'
> the accept is part of the codes within.
> However, when I execute it (worked perfectly) and then did a
> l to look at the code, the accept isn't in there. - Why ?
>
> Arthur
>
> On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:07:28 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker"
> <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
>
> >The problem here is your accept statement made it into the sql buffer.
 When