ACCEPT

From: Puppet Master <mechhunter_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 14:49:30 GMT

Hi,
I am learning Oracle SQL and I am hoping someone can help me with ACCEPT. Below is the code I am using :

  1 ACCEPT dept PROMPT 'Provide the department name: '   2 SELECT *
  3 FROM dept
  4* WHERE dname = UPPER('&dept')

Enter value for dept: sales
old 4: WHERE dname = UPPER('&dept')
new 4: WHERE dname = UPPER('sales')

ACCEPT dept PROMPT 'Provide the department name: ' *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement

It all works but when you enter something, the whole code execute but bombs out at the accept. I am unsure as to what I am doing wrong, please help.

Arthur Received on Sun Sep 10 2000 - 09:49:30 CDT