Re: Oracle Rollback Segments Offline

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 12:19:22 +1000

If they're private to the Instance, edit your init<SID>.ora. Put a line in that reads:

rollback_segments=(x,y,z,a,b,c etc etc)

-ie, name those segments in a comma-separated list in the init.ora, and the named ones come on-line automatically at start-up (assuming, however, that the rollback *tablespace* is on-line -otherwise, startup will fail as Oracle fails to find the named segments inside offline tablespace).

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000

"Susan Entwisle" <sentwisle_at_ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I have created two additional rollback segments for an Oracle Database in
> Ver. 7, which works fine. However, every time I shut the Window NT 4
Server