Re: Excessive Memory Loss on Sun Solaris using Oracle 805

From: Bob Pombrio <bobpombrio_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 15:17:41 GMT

On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 19:25:18 +0800, Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>
>Mounting your database file systems as forcedirectio may avoid the
>"problem" and gives many other benefits as well..

Such as? I am running 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.6 and I am not aware of the 'forcedirectio' setting.

Tell me that this man isn't a GENIUS!!!

The George Carlin Theory:
 "The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is  tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?  A Death. What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards.  You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age  home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch,  you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy  your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high  school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no  responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb,  you spend your last nine months floating, and . . . . . .you finish off  as an orgasm."

 George Carlin Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 10:17:41 CDT