Re: Web Site Implementation with Oracle Database

From: Marion <dont_use13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 02:07:38 GMT

Upgrade to 8i. And take a look at Oracle WebDB. Oracle Portal (WebDB3.0) will be released in early October. There is already an "early adopter" release. The website objects (forms, reports, charts, images, frame drivers, javascript, dynamic pages, etc.) all reside within the Oracle database in their own schema. You can also use Oracle Portal to create and administer tables, triggers, packages, procedures, etc. There is some simple website activity auditing functionality built in, and it's pretty simple to control who sees what by assigning view privileges on website objects to groups.

Marion Boulden

In article <8p9ttp$lan$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   straysheep_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Our company is about to set up a web site, we will be using Oracle 7.3
> database. Regarding the OS for web server, we have a choice of LINUX,
> UNIX, Microsoft NT (not preferable).
>
> Our question is, which platform/web server should we choose? And what
> technology/language should we use? (Dreanweaver? UltraDev? ASP?
> ColdFusion?)
>
> Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
>
> -S
>
> P.S.
> If this question should be asked in another discussion forum, please
> let me know where I should post it to.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 21:07:38 CDT