Re: 10,000 queries per second: Can it be done?

From: Gary <garygfx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:36:27 +0100

How many unique queries are there out of the 10,000 you have each second? I'm getting my application to store the data it gets back from the database in memory for a definable period, so it works like a cache. Repeated queries come from the applications memory istead of the db. Our application runs up to 100 faster compared to hitting the db each time. I've written it for ColdFusion - you're welcome to the code but I suspect you're using Perl or something.

Gary.