interMedia functions and JDBC ResultSets

From: Kemi Eke <keke_at_agency.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 17:48:38 +0200

Hi

I am working with Oracle 8i and interMedia and have a simple-ish question on the use of the score(int containsLabel) and SQL SELECT statements with JDBC ResultSets.

If I execute the following statement on a table named "docs" of say two columns named document_id and text, where "text" has been indexed by interMedia...

SELECT document_id, text, score(0)
FROM docs
WHERE CONTAINS(text, 'fish', 0) > 0
ORDER BY score(0) DESC

...using JDBC I get a "invalid column name" for score(0) returned as a SQLException, but in SQL+ this works perfectly well. This "pseudo" column exists and shows the relevant results but I can't access it with JDBC. I also have had problems with Oracle's implementation of oracle.jdbc.driver.* classes. Also, one of the design constraints on the project is not to use temporary tables. This leads me to several conclusions:

  1. Should I create a table and perform the operation on docs, stuff the results in the new table and then interrogate the new table for the results?

2)Is there something basic I'm missing that JDBC offers wrt "pseudo" columns?

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Kemi Eke

PS Please reply to my email address as well if possible keke_at_agency.com Received on Thu Sep 07 2000 - 10:48:38 CDT