Re: Free 5 User License?

From: Gary <garygfx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:59:16 +0100

MS give away a free 5 user licence for SQL Server? Where can I download it please?
Thanks!

In answer to your Q, Oracle have something called Oracle Personal Edition which is fully working and runs on Win98 or NT4 and you can download it from their site. You must read their licence about it first, etc, etc. technet.oracle.com - registration if free.

The only problem I have with it is that I *think* it only supports local databases which isn't a problem if you are developing on the same machine. Maybe it's just my setup that's wrong.

Gary.