Re: Help with Oracle Services for MTS, please

From: <soelvef_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 21:55:39 GMT

In article <8o14dv$3gb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   tgphelps50_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I'm an experienced Oracle DBA, but I'm just now getting involved with
> Windows 2000 and COM+ applications, and now Oracle Services for MTS,
> which I'll call ORAMTS in this posting. I have read the documentation
> on this product, and have apparently successfully installed it, but
 I'm
> still unclear about exactly when it's required. For background, we're
> developing an application in Visual Basic and ASP's, that uses ADO for
> database access.

We tried to use ORAMTS one year ago and spent hundreds of hours trying to get it stable enough, but to no avail. The documentation has some serious lack of completeness. An Oracle expert advised me not to use ORAMTS at all, but rather go for the XA protocol so we ended up using MTS using 8.0.5 client connecting to 8.1.5 server. You need to apply a couple of patches too.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 07 2000 - 16:55:39 CDT