pl/sql help: LAST_ROW_ID question...

From: <flaggedatbest_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:03:49 GMT

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm no pl/sql guru!

I'm trying to use LAST_ROW_ID to identify the last row processed in multi-row update.

     ie. update tbl1 set(a, b c) = (select a, b,c from tbl2);
         (the subselect fails and I want to identify the row)

What is this id, anyway? How does it translate into a row in tbl2.

All of the documentation that I've found on the subject simply says that it's a "row id".

thanks in advance,

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 07 2000 - 09:03:49 CDT