Re: Create table right

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 13:07:37 GMT

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:42:55 +0200, "Michel Cadot" <micadot_at_netcourrier.com> wrote:
>> What is the difference between "Create Table" and "Create Any Table"?
>>

>"Create table" gives you the right to create a table in *your* schema.
>"Create any table" gives you the right to create a table in *any* schema.
>
>> Also, how do I grant a user to right to create table in a specific
>> tablespace?
>
>Once you give him the "create table" privilege,
>you have to give him a quota not a right on this tablespace:
>alter user <the user> quota xxxK on <the tablespace>;
>alter user <the user> quota unlimited on <the tablespace>;

How do you decide which tablespace the table is created in? Which schema?

Imagine I have

  1. two users.
  2. User_1
  3. User_2.
  4. two tablespaces
  5. TB_1
  6. TB_2.

3)

  1. User_1's default tablespace is TB_1
  2. User_2's default tablespace is TB_2.
  3. How does User_1 create a table in TB_2. ii) How does User_1 create a table in User_2's schema.

Brian Received on Thu Sep 07 2000 - 08:07:37 CDT