Re: Installing *only* sqlplus on Linux boxes

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:01:21 GMT

In order to use SQL*Plus, you need a host of other objects as well (Net8, NLS files, etc.) You are better off letting the Oracle Installer perform a Client Install. Or use the Installer to install just SQL*Plus. The Installer is smart enough to know which other objects it needs to install. Just simply copying the SQL*Plus executable or other files is not enough.

HTH,
Brian

Jean-Baptiste Marchand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed an Oracle 8i server on a Redhat Linux 6.2 machine. I've set up
> Net8 so that Oracle listens on the network.
>
> My question is : what do I need on Linux clients for a running sqlplus ?
>
> I've copied the sqlplus executable, plus the client library and two more
> messages files. The sqlplus can connect to Oracle but as soon as I try
> to execute SQL, it produces a segmentation fault...
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Jean-Baptiste Marchand
> --
> Jean-Baptiste.Marchand_at_epita.fr