Net8 and Windows NT

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 21:14:48 -0400

I read somewhere that Winsock 2 is mandatory when using Net8 with Oracle 8i Release 2. Can someone tell me whether any of the service packs upgrages Windows NT 4.0 to winsock2 or is this something that must be handled by some other patch? As a logical extension, is there some way that I can verify what level of winsock I have on any particular NT Server?

By the way, I do have Service Pack 6a on my servers. Received on Wed Sep 06 2000 - 20:14:48 CDT