Re: SQL*Net configuration on openVMS/VAX to an 8i server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 08:18:49 +0200

All manuals are online at http://technet.oracle.com Provided the listener on NT is already correctly setup, the only two files you should configure are sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora. These files are platform independent and most likely they already have been setup correctly on the WinNT server.
Otherwise, most Oracle ports have a tool called sqlnet easy config which also should to the job.
You'll need to provide the address of the host, the port the listener is using (usually 1521 or 1526) and the SID of the database.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA