Re: Anyone able to pin a table to memory

From: Molle <molin_at_ludd.luth.se>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 09:56:27 GMT

In article <39aba1d4_at_post.usenet.com>,
  "N Wakefield" <nicholas.wakefield_at_btinternet.com> wrote:
> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been asked to see if it is possible to pin a table to memory.
 Anyone
> know how to do this or no off a good third part tool to sit on top of
 oracle
> for mission critical access times.
>
> TIA
>
> Nick

Set these DB init parameters (example values):

db_block_size = 4096
db_block_buffers = 8000         # 32Mb
db_block_lru_latches=2

buffer_pool_keep=(buffers:1000,lru_latches:1)

Buffer_pool_keep is your space for memory stored tables. Then you create the table with:
CREATE TABLE test_tbl (id VARCHAR2(16), data RAW(16)) storage (buffer_pool keep);

The table will now be stored in the "keep" area. Remember to set buffer_pool_keep large enough for the data. You get an error message if you run out of buffer_pool_keep memory.

Tom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 06 2000 - 04:56:27 CDT