Oracle Update/Insert LONG - strings from ASP

From: Tom Karlsson <xenon_at_miba.auc.dk>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:05:45 GMT

Hello everyone,

I get a "ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested" error when I try to update my db with strings larger then 32K in a LONG datatype field.

I have made a stored procedure that updates the field, and a ADODB.Command object to execute the procedure from ASP. I have also tried doing the update in SQL, with a ADODB.Recordset, but then the sql string becomes to large? It comes up with this error "ORA-01704: string literal too long".

The server is Oracle 8.x running on NT.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Friendly Regards,
/TK Received on Tue Sep 05 2000 - 07:05:45 CDT