Trigger having knowledge of Table Name

From: <jlipner_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 21:38:55 GMT

Is there any way for a trigger to have knowledge of the NAME OF THE TABLE that is being INSERTED, UPDATED, or DELETED to, without any outside help? We are solve this with global package level variables (common_pkg.table_being_processed) but this still requires the application to set the value right before the INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE. We're looking for something that will simply tell us the table name (accurately, consistently) directly in the trigger, from the dictionary or a reserved variable or something else of the kind.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 05 2000 - 16:38:55 CDT