Re: Mirroring Informix into Oracle

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 23:41:02 -0400

Manfred Tischendorf wrote:

> Hello Oracle Community,
>
> I posted the fopllowing article in comp.databases.informix.
> It seems, that noone there has a similar problem.
> Does someone in the Oracle community can help me
> solving the problem described below?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> manfred tischendorf

> What is the cheapest way (not using expensive tools) to mirror data from an
> informix database in an oracle database (both running on unix platforms).
> Because we can not involve a third computer we have no chance to use ODBC
> on a Windows-PC.
> What other possibilitiees are there. Could perl be a solution?
>
> Please help. If anyone has got a program, it would be interesting to know
> how I could get this.

I suppose it gets into what you consider expensive. If you get Oracle Transparent Gateway you can virtually make your Informix database appear to be fully integrated with Oracle. You can probably even create materialized views locally. However, the product isn't exactly what I'd call cheap - but it isn't prohibitivly expensive either. Received on Tue Sep 05 2000 - 22:41:02 CDT