Re: How do I actually use the 8i sample database?

From: <bithead15_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 06:26:18 GMT

what front end are you using?
you can connect via odbc connection after setting it up via control panel/odbc drivers.
create a system or file dependent connection or dsn...

you can connect via visual basic or visual foxpro or whatever that supports it....delphi, c builder etc... even some java as well.

first to test the new install go into sql plus and log in....default is scott/tiger

you can establish your own account via the navigator.

after in sql*plus you can type :
'select * from emp;' which will give you all the data in the emp table.

Have fun...

                                bithead15

In article <pego99-0209000039220001_at_user-2ive084.dialup.mindspring.com>,   pego99_at_mindspring.com (Peter) wrote:
> I installed the Oracle 8i personal edition, developer 200 and
 sql*plus but
> I cannot see how to connect to the sample databases and use them. It
 seems
> use names, passwords and other needed information to actually do
> something.
>
> Any getting started hints posted here or emailed will be greatly
 appreciated.

> Peter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 05 2000 - 01:26:18 CDT