Best Intel OS for Oracle ?

From: <brian_climber_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 06:50:41 GMT

Our company's about to spring for an Oracle8i SE license for Intel, but I'm not sure which Intel OS we should be using. I'm trying to decide between Linux and Solaris x86. Or would some other OS (SCO? Win2k?) be better?

It'll probably be running on one of our existing servers, a 450MHz quad Xeon, 2GB expandable to 4GB, RAID drives.

Any recommendations/suggestions would be most welcome.

Brian

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 01 2000 - 01:50:41 CDT