Perl DBI/DBA oddities

From: Hans Eriksson <Hans.X.Eriksson_at_etx.ericsson.se>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:45:11 +0200

Hello!

I'm writing an application in Perl that uses the DBI/DBA interface to connect to an Oracle 7.2 database. Preparing and executing SQL syntax (from my Perl program) works fine for queries with no more than two tables.

When I try to prepare a query with three or more tables I get an error message: "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist".

Well, the table _does_ exist! I can run exactly the _same_ query using the TOAD utility on a Windows machine and get the desired results.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Regards

/Hans Received on Thu Aug 31 2000 - 10:45:11 CDT