Selecting

From: Bhavin Shah <bhavinsh_at_aludra.usc.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:57:24 -0700

Hi,

Say I have a table setup like the following:

Category Subcategory

USA CA
MEXICO
USA		AZ
USA		CA

Is there a way to select the category only once and then get the list of subcategories with it? Right now I'm using select distinct category, subcategory from X, but am getting USA multiple times like

USA		CA
USA		AZ

MEXICO What I would like is:
USA		CA
		AZ

MEXICO TIA, Bhavin Received on Thu Aug 31 2000 - 12:57:24 CDT