2 ORACLE_HOME's on Solaris and OAS 4.0.7 help. Newbie

From: Sid Bartle <s.bartle_at_murdoch.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 11:24:40 +0800

Hi,

Question 1

I have Oracle 8i and OAS 4.0.7 running on the same Solaris 7 box. When I installed OAS 4.0 it asked me for a new oracle_home I selected
/ora/app/oracle/4.0.7.

I now have two oracle homes (/ora/app/oracle/4.0.7 and
/ora/app/oracle/8.1.5) and only one able to set in the system environment. I
can get around it by changing the env when accessing the different apps but there must be something I'm missing, as this would seem to be a common problem with a messy workaround.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Question 2

After successfully installing OAS reading most of the documentation, going through all the tutorials I still can't figure out how to use the thing as a normal webserver. Can I map students to there homes.....Where can I find more information, tutorials, books, internet sites....anything on this subject?

Last of all can people recommend books on ORACLE 8i and Oracle Application Server 4.0?

Sid Bartle
Technician - Software Support
Division of Business, Information Technology and Law Murdoch University
Western Australia 6160

s.bartle_at_murdoch.edu.au Received on Thu Aug 31 2000 - 22:24:40 CDT