how to run sqlplus not as system

From: <tony_barratt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:46:41 GMT

Hi List,
I've got some sqlplus scripts together to check out the run time happiness of an Oracle db (7.3 as it happens).
<snippet>

select 'Library Cache Misses,'||

       to_char(sum(reloads)/sum(pins)*100,'990.99') c2   from sys.v_$librarycache;
</snippet>

No I don't fully understand it, it was snarfed from someone more knowledgeable that wot i am currently).

But the thing is, the target db's do, amongst other things, about 40 authentications/sec, courtesy of radius. And I've got a feeling that, running the scripts as system isn't going to meet with approval, cos well system can do narsty things to yo db, and I only want to read some tables, and I don't need rm -rf * type powers.
Can someone advise on how to proceed?

TIA Tony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Aug 30 2000 - 12:46:41 CDT