sqlplus db survey

From: <tony_barratt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:59:01 GMT

Hi List,
Got another question for you Oracle guru types. I'n trying to do some comprehensive fault management stuff, for unix and VMS boxen and I notice that it's a good idea when monitoring things to have to hand a survey of each machine, like number of physical disks, amount of RAM, processors, OS version. Lots of info, so that when a fault is detected, you can make a quick informed plan to fix it. Likewise I think that I've got some good run-time health stuff from the Internet and elsewhere, too-much-chaining room-to-grow eksetawah. But I don't have a db survey, like, ah well i dunno really, I'm just learnin about this Oracle stuff.
Size of db, number and name of tables indexes, time of last analysis, measure of complexity etc..
If any of you good people can provide an URL for some useful stuff, as outlined above or explain why I'm barking at the wrong end of the stick I'd be most pleased.

TIA Tony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Aug 30 2000 - 12:59:01 CDT