Re: svrmgrl needs OracleService<SID> on NT, not an Oracle Instance

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:56:28 GMT

OH, ok, now I see...
You can , of course, connect internal and issue a shutdown immediate, then a startup nomount ....

I do not use either the Enterprise Manager or the Admin Asst, I manage my instances thru DBA Studio ( from the 8.1.6 Client install) and run it stand-alone, not thru Ent.Mgr - I have never been happy with Oracle Agents, Enterprise Manager, etc...and DBA Studio meets my needs...