Re: Is Oracle deliberately difficult?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_iprimus.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:15:56 +1100

"TimKArnold" <timkarnold_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:20000829083104.24962.00001137_at_ng-cj1.aol.com...
> I agree Dave, but maybe the GUI will let you down because it was poorly
> written.
> ORACLE doesn't get it when it comes to writing Windows programs. They have
> gotten much better, but they have some catching up to do.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Lord, will I agree with that 10000%??? Absolutely. Their GUIs use GUI elements like it's the first time they've ever seen them! You can tell that from the traiing materials, too ("Point 1: We have Menus!" Point 2: "We have Icons"! As if either were a really big deal after all this time!)

Regards
HJR
> >Call me old fashioned but I'd rather not manage things with a GUI. The
 GUI
> >has some nice quick snapshot types of things that are useful but when the
> >chips are down a GUI will let you down, Windows of any variant is a
 perfect
> >example of this. It's much more robust to have a system, database etc.
 where