Re: Exporting ms-access 2000 tables with Yes/No fields to Oracle 8.1.6

From: Huw G <hgallon_at_openlinksw.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:27:21 +0100

upton wrote in message ...

>If you use the SQL Loader in Oracle 8 you can write a comparison and
>assignment modifier to the target table to fit the Oracle table you're
>populating. (I.E. check for the yes/no type and change it to VARCHAR2(3)
 or
>VARCHAR2(1) whichever you prefer) check the docs for more detail and
>examples.
>

>~Ryan

Thanks for this info. However, one of the test requirements was that the user should be able to export from Access without recourse to Oracle to define the table and fields beforehand.

Trawling http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q253/1/77.ASP brings up the admission that this is a problem with Access. Another query I had, regarding currency formats, is also admitted to be a problem). The solution is to obtain MS-Office Service Release 1/1a ... all 128Mb of it !

If it is Micro$oft's fault, I am off the hook !

Huw Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 11:27:21 CDT