Problem with Oracle instaler on PC client

From: Marcin <maski_at_alpha.net.pl>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:46:20 +0200

Hello all,
Maybe somebody got similar problem to mine and ... finally solved it.

Here is scenario:
I've installed Oracle client software first time on PC (winnt 4.0) without any errors.
When I try to do anything with existing configuration (add , remove any component). I'm getting following error message:

Software Asset Manager: ORAINST.EXE Application error. The instruction at '0x7801.....' referenced memory at "0x000000010". The memory could not be read.
Click Ok to terminate ...
Click Cancel to debug..

Only one way to change anything in PC conf. was to delete complete ORACLE Branch from win registry. After this operation, I could install everything from the beginning.

Please advice

Marcin Received on Mon Aug 28 2000 - 07:46:20 CDT