Re: Exporting ms-access 2000 tables with Yes/No fields to Oracle 8.1.6

From: <mikebyrne_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 17:02:43 GMT

I think you will need to use a character or integer data type in Jet 4.0 or MSDE if you need to export data to Oracle, I am pretty sure that MSDE and SQL Server as well, do not support the Jet Yes/No data type. You might want to see if DTS (Data Transformation Sevice) will handle the conversion for you.

--
Mike Byrne
Charlotte, NC

In article <39a635f0_2_at_nnrp1.news.uk.psi.net>,
  "Huw G" <hgallon_at_openlinksw.co.uk> wrote:

> I am testing ODBC drivers by exporting the Northwind Traders tables
from
> MS-Access 2000 to Oracle 8.1.6 (all running under Windows 2000). The
> Products table cannot be exported because Access tries to export the
> Discontinued field, which is Yes/No type, in the format VARCHAR2(0).
Oracle

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.