Re: sqlplus beginner question

From: Jorge Adriano <cc9803_at_mat.uc.pt>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:44:50 +0100

"JTorres" <jtorres_at_redconnect.net> wrote in message news:sqdpptr1t91178_at_corp.supernews.com...
> Try removing the ';' from the script then put '/' on the next line after
 the
> sql statement.

I can make it work with *one* statement. My problem is running a buffer with more than one statements.

I've tried editing the buffer like:

select * from emp
/
select * from emp
/

and then
typing
RUN
or
/

but none works,
Besides, what I would like to do was to run a sql script from within the SQL Plus graphical env.
So the 2 queries should be typed correctly, like:

select * from emp;
select * from dept;

As I said, I can run that from the prompt by making sqlplus name/pass @filename

But from within SQL Plus graph. env. I'll open the file, it'll go to the buffer, and then what?
Neither 'Run' or '\' will work...

Thanks anyway
J.A.

PS: if you answer me, e-mail me too preferably, not that I mind coming to the ng, just that I think I'm missing some posts, I wasn't even able to get my own post, just this one answer... Received on Sat Aug 26 2000 - 07:44:50 CDT