Re: OPEN_CURSORS

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:07:08 GMT

Dear Kishan

   How are you ? .

  dear you are getting an errors message that limit of open cursors has increased the reason for that , you have exceed the limit of max open cursors. Its default value is 50, normally this limit does not exceeds unless you have left open cursor in an application code, most often the resason for that the programmer forget to close an explicitly open cursor in his application. so no matter if you increase the limit of the open cursors even upto 500, even then you can get this message any later time. your temporary solution is that to incease the limit of the open cursor which you can increase by specifying in the parameter open_cursors in the paameter file , and your long lasting solution would be to find that where in an appicaion or pl/sql code you forget to close an open cursor.

You can check the number of open cursor for a specific sql statement from the help of folowing query

select * from v$open_cursors
where sql_text like '%Select * from emp%'

you can replace the query in the where clause

hope fully you can solve your problem with the help of information provided.

Faheem

In article <8o6685$tub$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   kishen <kishenp_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Currently we have the OPEN_CURSORS set as default 50.
> In some particular cases when certain SQL's are executed, 28-30
 cursors
> get openend. Due to which i get the maximum OPEN_CURSORS limit
 exceeded.
> Is there a way to find out how many cursors get opened for a specific
> SQL ? Will increasing the number OPEN_CURSORS solve my problem ?
>
> TIA
> Kishen
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Aug 26 2000 - 07:07:08 CDT