Re: Number of open cursors limitation

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 05:44:09 GMT

 if you are getting this message that you have reached the maximmum numbers of open cursors , its mean that you have reached the limit of maximum numbers of cursors which you can open within a user session. Its values is set in init.ora file with the parameter "open_cursors" and its default value is 50 cursors. But normally this limit is reached when you forget to close some open cursors in you pl/sql code. SO check that where you have not close an open cursor in your code. If you increase the limit of cursor then for that time your problem might be solve but you can get this error again at any time.

 So the good practice would be to close your open cursor in pl/sql code or in any other application code if you are running an application.

Faheem

In article <8nut1j$brp$1_at_acs2.byu.edu>,
  "Jake Anderson" <jakeanderson_at_byu.edu> wrote:
> I recently got an error while running a PL function that said that
 the I had
> reached the maximum number of open cursors. Does anyone know how
 many that
> number is?
>
> --
> Jake Anderson
> jakeanderson_at_byu.edu
> MTC Development

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 00:44:09 CDT