Pattern matching in Oracle.

From: Roland Dunn <roland_dunn_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:25:12 GMT

Wonder if anyone can help.

I have a data set where potentially one record could have upto 100 numerical fields, each numercial field being a floating point number between say 0 and 5.
I would like to run a query whereby I say something like: find me the records where field 20 has a value of 3.5 +/- 0.05, field 80 has a value of 2.99 +/- 0.02, field 56 has a value of 1.34 +/- 0.04. This query may include all fields.

Can this approximate searching or pattern matching be done somehow in Oracle?
Is there a plugin or a cartridge that could enable such functionality?

Hope someone can help.
Thanks, Roland. Received on Thu Aug 24 2000 - 06:25:12 CDT