need a SQL finesse...

From: alan <alan_at_kenamea.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 01:32:35 GMT

I have 2 tables A and B

A has 4 columns 1,2,3 and 4

column 3 refers to table B

I wish to perform a single select statement (in order to put the result in a cursor and return it from the stored procedure)

which resolves the reference in column 3 if it is not null, but - obviously - does not attempt to do so if it is null.

This is my problem simplified down to its barest bones. I know there must be a solution but it is beyond my limited experience.

TIA alan Received on Thu Aug 24 2000 - 20:32:35 CDT