Not the same in SQL+ and in a function.

From: Olivier <slump74_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:08:02 +0200

Hello,
I have the following problem :
I run an 'INSERT INTO xxx SELECT /*+RULE */ a,b,c,d FROM ....' to insert rows in a table, it works well in SQL+ but when I put the inert statement in a function it never finishes (I stopped it after 30 minutes), the database default optimizer mode is CHOOSE but it’s much slower than the RULE for this select statement. Does the function disable the HINT ? Is it another problem ?
Thanks for your help.
Olivier. Received on Wed Aug 23 2000 - 04:08:02 CDT